Translate

Friday 15 December 2017

LATEST LIFE UPDATE: WHAT IVE BEEN UP TO??

~Helewww~

Lots of things happened these few months.
2017 Actually being really nice to me
Alhamdulillah for everything
^^

I had my final exam in April/May, I graduated in September
with 2nd Uppper Class Honors
(which is really unexpected! Alhamdulillah~)
I got hired right after my final exam
(bt I still gt to taste the 3 months break before employment tho)

All is well
I'm bless and hope 2018 will be too
Insyaa Allah
Aamiin
 ehehehe

credit: Jim Benton Cartoons


Tbh I am currently on a break for almost 2 weeks now.
Previously I was working as an intern.
But me and my apprentices mate contract just recently ended
at the end of this November.
Now some of us are still waiting to be called
(at the same time we also seek for permanent hire.
Can't totally depend everything on gov't, so we also need to put some effort too)
for the new work relocation.

Alhamdulillah~
Four of my colleagues are already employed.
Congratz!
Well~ I was hoping that I could start around early January,
and not in this December.
Really need a break from whatever Ive been through.
fuhhh~

During my previos recent apprenticeship,
I had a discussion with my work colleagues, and one of 'em asked
 "What kind of career you actually wanted?"
(the question was brought upon seeing that each apprentices
had different qualification background despite the position we held
during the apprenticeship. It's quite interesting to see where we ended at.
One common thing we had is that, we were not that choosy
with the given position given and the company we were allocated at.
And still some still called us EGO.)

I fall in deep thought every time people asked me that question.
What I actually wanted to be eh??
hmmm
As far I could remember, I did plan to be a
Doctor, Pilot, To have my own business and last but not least
a Teacher!
(which is an expectation from my relatives since my Dad, uncles, aunts
and some of my cousins are/were teachers.)
I did develop an interest to become one.
But seeing me, follow the flow of fate that bring me
and less effort I put in to chase my uncertain and inconsistent dream,
I usually end up at a place that fate bring me,
even though it's not what I wanted but still it is enough for me
~Alhamdulillah~

I am still thinking~ whether I should chase
at least one of my dream to become a teacher.
But looking at the competitive job market and also thinking
my age if I wanted to continue my study in order to be a teacher
(since I was aiming to become a high school teacher)
//Deep sigh

Oh well~ fate brought me to apprenticeship programme.
Maybe it is a sign.
Though it is a 3 years contract, I can gain as much experience as I can.
(since employers nowadays expected graduates to have at least 3-5 years
working experience at the age of 25 years.
And I was like what~~~~

meme not belongs to me
It is a veryyyyyy rare case
to see a degree holder at age 20 and start working also at age 20
and thus gain 5 years working experience at age 25.

meme not belongs to me
This is Brunei dear employers.
It's rare to see graduate of degree holders at age 19/20.
What a ridiculous requirements I would say. Then they should put the age 30+
with certain qualification and working experience.
Pffft!)

Anyway~ with the apprenticeship programme I'm in,
I see it as a stepping stone for career development.
What I wanted to say to all dear job seekers out there.
Whatever opportunity presented to you..
JUST GRAB IT!
(as long it is an honest job and no criminal activity is involved)
and accept the challenge even though it is out of your qualification league.
If you think you can do it, then take it.

Well that's it for today

Hope I'll be back soon

Til next time

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment