Translate

Wednesday 17 December 2008

Learn to weave Ketupat (Brunei's Tradition)

During this holiday, I’ve learn to weave Ketupat Lapas . There are two type; Ketupat Lapas, which are Ketupat Lapas Laki and Ketupat Lapas Bini . We use leaves from the Nipah Tree a.k.a Pokok Apong which is called by the people of Brunei. They can be find floating on the river of Brunei and my father got the leaves from the Belait river. Also ‘Gula Apong’ is made from this tree. In the past my mom said the leaves also can be use to make cigarette, Tudung Dulang , basket and etc.

For me it is easy to weave Ketupat Satay than Ketupat Lapas…cuz I can’t differentiate which leave should go in or out. I’ve tried to make it for ten times but still you know hahaha maybe I’ve no skill, anyway I am still proud cuz I know how to weave Ketupat Satay ho3. You out there should try to learn to weave Ketupat I know it is not easy, just try your best because you have long holidays hahaha...


No comments:

Post a Comment