Translate

Monday 20 February 2017

FIRST TIME BLOOD DONOR

Hi there~!

Have you ever donate your blood?
Yes? What was your experience?
If not? Do you want to try?

Well I did my first blood donation last Saturday
(18.02.2017)



I've been wanting to donate my blood since I know about blood donation
but my fear told me not to, several times.

Finally~ I did it! I overcome my fear and crossed
out one of my bucket list!
eheheheh
^^
It was not me initiated to do the blood donation.
My bestie was the one who really wanted to do it.
Sadly she can't because the staff told her she was not fit that day.

Actually we had to do the blood test
before proceeding to blood donation.
We had to fill in the form and answer very personal questions.
LOL

I had a laugh answering the questionnaires with bestie
since we both single as the questions asked about how your sex life was.
We were embarrassed by looking at the questions.
The point of the questions were to know whether
is there any possibilities the donor may get HIV/Aids or
any sexual transmitted diseases.

After filling in the form and answering the questionnaires.
We need to do a checkup..
Weight, hemoglobin level, blood pressure and pulse..

My hemoglobin level was 15,
so overall after the checkup
I passed for blood donation.
But my bestie hemoglobin was 11.8 that time
so she can't proceed.
The nurse said hemoglobin level need to be 12.6 and above
(if I'm not mistaken)
In the end we decide that I'm gonna do first and
hopefully this week bestie will be fit to be a blood donor.

How was my experience?
Well~ I'm not quite fond of needlessss.
Even during the hemoglobin test I freak out
LOL
but actually it was not even painful.
(I'm not lying)
Feels like my finger was touch with a stapler bullet.

During the blood donation procedure..
it was really scaryyy, cuz I freak myself out
(blaming me)
thinking what were the size of the needles they are using.
Thank god it was not painful as I expected.
Feels like somebody pinching my hand.
ehehehe

My tip: Take a deep breathe before the needle is inserted.

So during the blood drawn out of me,
I play a playlist of musics to relax me
by wearing one of the earpiece.
And my other ear is open to hear what the nurse said
about the procedure.
The staff there were really supportive and also my bestie!
Thanks for talking to me during the blood sucked out of me.
It really helps me to relax a lot!

Did you know..


Even the staff there told me,
one blood donation is enough for three persons.
How awesome is that!
Just your blood alone can save the lives of three persons.

~Overall~
the blood donation procedure is not scaryyyy
as I imagined.
You guys should try it!
This whole experience inspire me to be a frequent blood donor.
So yeah, I'm gonna do it again in the future

For more info, please do click the link below:
Tips for Blood Donation

til next post

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment