Translate

Friday 19 August 2016

DRM#1: DIY WALL ART

Heleww hoomans(๑→ܫ←)ノ

So today's post will be on my mini dorm room project~

Phase 1: Wall art

Btw 
(o→ܫ←o)
'DRM#1' stands for the 'Dorm Room Makeover #1'

I managed to decorate my wall with..
gold polka dots!!!
image

and it look like tissss~


 soooo cuteee and gorgeoussss

So~ how I did it???
Let's check 'em out below~!



Materials that you need:
1. Adhesive gold paper
2. Compass
3. Scissor

Qsn:
How many metre did I bought for the adhesive gold paper?
Ans:
I bought 1/2M length cuz the wide was about 1.3M  or so.
And I was able to make 60 pcs of circles with 4'' diameter. That's a lot of handwork ya know.

Take note:
If there's IKEA or TARGET near ya,
you don't have to cut out every single piece of this circles.
LOL
Well that's up to you. DIY or just BUY it.
For me I prolly DIY,
 since the adhesive paper is much cheaper than the ready made polka dot stickers,
also there's no IKEA nor TARGET here in Brunei~
Sad lifeeee

anyway let's continue..

How to do it:
At the back of the adhesive gold paper, use a compass and measure 2'' radius using a ruler
to make 4" diameter. Well it's up to you guys, how big or small the circles you wanna make.
Just make sure the diameter size is divided by 2.

Actually there's a picture of how I do it, but I
accidentally deleted it

Sorrrrry~

Take Note:
When drawing the circles using the compass..
make sure there's not a lot of gapsss between the circles.
My point is don't waste the adhesive paper whilst you can make lots of circles.
For example..
when there's too much gap you will only be able to make about 50 circles,
when actually you can make 60 or more.
 I think you guys get it what I'm talking about.

This are the circles that I cut out piece by piece.
Took about 15-20 mins to cut out 60 pcs.



Then..these babiesss are ready to be put on the wall!

Just stick 'em up anyway you like.
You can just randomly scattered the circles on the wall like tis



well that's all up to how you want it to look like.
Just search 'em up in google to get more ideas on these!

Well mine look something like this..well arranged one
kekeke


You can make marks using pencil and ruler on your wall if you're a perfectionist.
LOL
but I just randomly estimated the space between the circles.
Too lazy to put marks on the wall
ehehehe

Once I'm done~
I add some decoration..

Fairy lights and some pictureees

This issss cuteeee



Want a complete view?

Will do a video once the dorm room makeover is complete
nyehehe
Don't want to spoil y'all~
So just be patient and keep updated

That's all for today.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment