Translate

Saturday 27 August 2016

DRM#3: DIY DRAWER COVER

Hi~
Been busy this week..so I barely had the time to post anything.

Anyhow..let's continue to talk about my room makeover project,
DIY Drawer!

Basically my dorm drawer was really worn out,
as the cover peeled off slowly.
Luckily the previous tenant put a strong tape as you can see below

However the tape was not strong as I thought,
and the cover slowly loosening the tape.
Haishhh
So I had to put tape again.

As you can see..
that blue tape is not that pretty to be seen by anyone.
Especially me..
It looks so shabby and it become an eyesore
everytime I enter my room.
Mood spoiler alert~!
LOL

So I decided to wrap the cover with a wrapping paper
ehehehe
since the material is super duper cheap.
Tadaa~ a zig zag and it's glittery n sparkle~!

Materials:
1. Two different color/design of wrapping papers of your choice.
2. Double side tape/Super Glue
3. Pencil
4. Ruler

As you can see these are gold and glittered pink wrappers.
I really love this designed^^ 

How you do it:
1. Use one of your wrapper as base and the other color as a
zig zag. Once you decided, double side tape your drawer.
Then, Measure the length and height of the your drawer's cover.
When your done, use that measurement onto your
wrapper and cut them out. Peel of the double sided tape cover
and stick your wrapper according your front drawer size.
(For me I used pink as the base)

2. Once you are done with the base,
Take another color/pattern wrapper,
Then use the same measurement of your drawer cover height.
to be used for the height of the zig zag. Draw an inch
 gaps between the lines. Then mark another an inch different
along the lines(height)
 

3. Once you are done, start draw the zig zag using the ruler
according the marked line that you have made.
Then you should have something like this(see below)


4. Once you are done, put the double side tape
following the shape of the zig.
It's a time consuming process and you need extra patience
LOL

Took me almost 30 mins =.=

5. Cut the zig zag shape

Love the goldddd color effect^^

6. Peel of the double sided tape cover and stick it to your drawer.
Arrange them nicely and not to forget you should leave some
space in between the zig zag.
Then you are done!

Whilst for me,,I need to use the super glue to stick the zig zag
permanently. Cuz the double sided won't stick permanently on rough 
surface as my pink wrapper is a bit like sand paper because of the glitter.
So you can use the double sided tape as a mean to arrange you zig zag
since it can be taken on off easily. Then you can use the super glue.

Well~
I think that's all for today
^^

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment